Global Food Crisis Day Today
Ok, I’ll be honest with you. I wanted to write a long post about this subject. I’ve had it sitting in my drafts folder for weeks. For whatever reason life has caught up with me this week and I haven’t had as much time to throw towards my blog as I would have liked.
This is a HUGE issue for me though so I want to at least make you aware of what today is. Today is the Global Food Crisis Day. Here’s some more information…
WHAT IS GLOBAL FOOD CRISIS DAY?
Compassion International is partnering with radio stations, media, churches and bloggers to spread the word about the Global Food Crisis and raise funds that will make a real difference to those impacted by it.
WHY THE CRISIS?
Overshadowed by recent political and financial economic news, the UN World Food Program calls the current global food crisis “a phenomenon, a silent tsunami,” that is affecting millions of families in every nation on every continent. This global food crisis is more rapid, urgent and devastating than any other in the history of our planet.
WHY IS THE CRISIS HAPPENING?
The cost of food staples have roughly doubled in many countries where Compassion serves. Some of the original factors that turned this trend into a world calamity recently include unstable oil prices, increased meat consumption in countries like India and China, droughts in major crop-producing countries, and increased production of biofuels.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Visit http://www.compassion.com/please to learn more about the Global Food Crisis
- Donate to Compassion’s Global Food Crisis Fund.
- Blog about the crisis, talk to your friends, email those you’re close to about the issue to help spread the word
- Add a Global Food Crisis widget to their blog sidebar or posts: http://share-compassion.org/gfc/
- Published On : 9 years ago on March 11, 2009
- Author By : Brad Ruggles
- Last Updated : November 3, 2017 @ 6:47 pm
- In The Categories Of : Blog Posts, Social Justice